Senior Gameplay Animator
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Animator with experience creating ranged combat for first-person games to join us in crafting our next high-profile role-playing game.
Do you have experience crafting dynamic and impactful animation experiences? Do you possess a deep understanding of the principles of animation? Are you creative, work well within a fast-paced production environment, and enjoy working with designers, artists, and programmers to make amazing animations? If so, our Senior Gameplay Animator role may be the perfect fit for you.
- Create high-quality, first-person and third-person combat animations for characters and creatures
- Design and shepherd new combat-focused animation systems and improve existing systems
- Work closely with the Animation Director to ensure completion of animation assets at the highest quality level
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience animating first-person and third-person ranged combat
- Exceptional skills animating humanoids and creatures
- Experience working with motion capture, facial animation capture, and performance capture
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Experience animating first-person and third-person melee combat
- Thorough understanding of open-world, RPG combat
- Familiarity with Unreal Editor
- Expert understanding of animating in Maya
- An online animation reel demonstrating quality in-game combat and non-combat 3D animation
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now