Senior Character Technical Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Character Technical Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
This role requires a solid understanding of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for Character Art and Animation for next-gen game development. This position involves working with creative and technical directors as well as character artists and animators.
- Establish and maintain rigging pipelines, documentation, and standards between Maya and Unreal Engine
- Research and develop tools and solutions to content creation pipeline issues
- Oversee cloth as well as rigid body physics processes and standards in Unreal Engine
- Manage skinning of character models and review outsource assets
- Develop facial and full body performance solutions ranging from content creation to automated systems
- High proficiency in Maya
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and extensive knowledge of in-game character and animation systems, blending trees, layering methods, sequencer, blueprints, retargeting, state machines, etc.
- Proficiency in common scripting languages (Python, MEL Script, etc.)
- Excellent communication, constructive collaboration, strong leadership, noteworthy organization, and insightful mentoring abilities
- Minimum of six of years experience in the game or film/vfx industry with at least one shipped titles
- Understanding of the material editor in Unreal Engine
- Passion for RPGs with character customization
- A degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of quality rigs, tools, and relevant work
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation (all non-confidential) of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.Apply Now