UI Artist (Mid/Senior)
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user interface for our next world-class RPG.
This artist will be responsible for developing a thoughtfully-designed user interface. Tasks will include inventing concepts, mocking up designs with animation, creating assets, importing them, as well as working with programmers to assemble and animate them in Unreal Engine.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Develop and maintain a style guide for all game screens
- Create initial mock-ups for a variety of UI screens including title and loading screens, in-game HUD, in-game menus, inventory, and character creation
- Create art elements and follow through with UI implementation, iterating as necessary for the highest quality result, in Unreal Engine
- Collaborate effectively with Art Director, UI Programmers, and UI Designers to create the user-interface: HUD, windows, menus, icons, and other interactive elements
- 3+ years of professional experience working as a UI artist in computer or console gaming
- Understanding of how to achieve intuitive functionality and an attractive visual appearance
- Able to mock up layouts, contemporary animations, and effects for UI elements in Flash and/or After Effects
- Experience developing game UI in Unreal Engine, Unity, or CryEngine
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing RPGs for console or PC
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of Unreal Engine's Blueprints and UMG
- Experience with video editing or compositing
- Examples of web design (Flash, HTML, CSS, or XML)
- Familiarity with any of the following programs: Premiere, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Perforce, Confluence, and Jira
- An understanding of typography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality PC and console game UI screens and animation
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now