Character Technical Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Technical Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
This role requires a solid understanding of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for Character art and animation for next gen game development. This position involves working with creative and technical directors as well as and artists and animators.
- Ownership of character weight skinning, character rig development and implementation
- Create cloth and rigid body physics in Unreal Engine
- Create and maintain tools and pipelines, including research, design, development, improvements, and writing and maintaining documentation
- Problem solve and troubleshoot character and animation issues
- High proficiency in major content creation packages including Maya and 3ds Max
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and knowledge of in-game character and animation systems, blending trees, layering methods, sequencer, blueprints, retargeting, state machines, etc.
- Be knowledgeable in common scripting languages (Python , MAXScript, MEL script, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Facial rigging and full-body performance capture experience
- Have an understanding of the material editor in Unreal Engine
- Have a passion for RPGs with character customization
- 3+ years game development experience with at least one shipped title
- 4 year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of quality rigs, tools and relevant work
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.Apply Now