Houdini Technical Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate Houdini Technical Artist to join our world-building group.
This role requires a solid understanding of world-building tool development in Houdini, Houdini Engine, and related pipelines for next-gen RPG development in Unreal Engine. This position involves working with other Houdini Technical Artists and Tools Programmers, as well as Environment Artists and Designers.
- Coordinate with multiple development teams to create and maintain a useable and performant world-building toolset
- Collaboratively develop world-building networks in Houdini for use in Unreal Engine, via Houdini Engine
- Participate in research and design of world-building solutions and documentation for end-use
- Test and debug world-building issues in Houdini and Unreal Engine 4/5
- Intermediate knowledge of procedural modeling with Houdini 18.5 or later with at least a year of Houdini Engine experience or equivalent examples of Houdini Digital Assets made for Unreal or Unity
- 2 years of working knowledge in Unreal Engine using World Composition and Terrain Tools
- Fluent knowledge of VEX or VOPs, Python, and the Hou Module
- Good understanding of Linear Algebra, Trigonometry, and Algorithms
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Useful experience with PDG, RBD’s, Vellum, Pyro, or KineFX
- An understanding of the material editor in Unreal Engine, as well as an understanding of new features coming in UE5
- A passion for open-world RPGs
- 3+ years game development experience with at least one shipped title
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of tools and utilities in Houdini, Houdini Engine, and game engines
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now