Senior Environment Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for expertly creating aesthetically pleasing environments for a cross-platform RPG, in Unreal Engine. This artist will be responsible for worldbuilding, modeling high and low-poly objects, baking textures, exporting/importing assets, applying materials, assembling environments, mentoring others, and will generally be an exceptional game developer.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Efficiently model, UV map, bake, and create the materials, in a PBR pipeline, for environment assets and assemble them in Unreal Engine
- Create a wide range of high-quality environment art assets including props as well as interiors and exteriors of structures
- Manage terrain, foliage, and worldbuilding efforts via proprietary tools
- Work closely with Art Director, Art Lead, Tech Artists, and Level Designers to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Share knowledge with others via documentation and ability to mentor of other artists
- Effective working knowledge of performant and attractive level building as well as modular assembly techniques for Unreal Engine
- High proficiency with Maya, ZBrush, Substance, PBR materials, and lighting
- 5+ years in the game industry with at least one shipped title
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of architecture and engineering fundamentals as well as construction methods
- Working knowledge of color theory
- Familiarity with Houdini
- Understanding principles of good composition
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- Examples of lit interiors/exteriors
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Architectural rendering samples
- Environment art concept samples
- Material examples in Unreal Engine
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now