Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a highly talented Art Director to create and build the conceptual and stylistic foundation of a large upcoming RPG product.
The Art Director is responsible for crafting and molding the art style and overseeing groups of both internal and external artists to achieve stylistic goals while working with all other game disciplines.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Create and realize a complete aesthetic for a RPG game
- Demonstrate key points and direct stylistic development through initial concepts and inspirational guidance to others
- Directly manage artists, leads, and external art outsourcing groups to promote morale and camaraderie while meeting quality goals in a timely fashion
- Communicate with all leads and members of the development team to collaboratively achieve the product's artistic goals
- Support production and studio leadership in understanding progress towards goals and promoting achievements both internally and externally to the project
- 6+ years of professional game experience and at least one shipped title
- 2+ years of experience as a lead, manager, or director
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to work with internal and external team members in a collaborative, goal-oriented way
- Ability to relate artistic concepts and goals verbally or visually
- Extensive experience with contemporary industry art creation platforms such as Maya, 3ds Max, and Photoshop
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Open-world game development experience
- Experience playing RPGs, especially Obsidian RPGs
- Strong understanding of animation, visual effects, technical art, and audio design
- Outsourcing and co-development experience
- Use of project tracking tools such as Confluence and Jira
- A web portfolio that demonstrates visual quality with performance in game environments
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applicationsApply Now