Art Outsourcing Manager
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced, proficient, communicative, and collaborative Art Outsourcing Manager to assist our growing team of RPG developers with asset creation being done by external partners.
This position requires a solid understanding of asset creation pipelines for games developed in Unreal 4 for multiple platforms. This individual will share work with other outsourcing managers and communicate frequently with multiple lead developers and managers with regards to status, bottlenecks, and other concerns.
- Keep a library of Outsource vendor relationships, research materials related to content, co-create contracts, and negotiate pricing
- Manage the art outsourcing communication chain including collaboration with both internal and external art teams
- Maintain outsourced assets within source control
- Create detailed instruction workbooks, maximizing the documented re-use and optimization
- Provide clear and concise feedback regarding technical and visual goals
- Good understanding of modern game development with a keen artistic and technical eye for detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of quality game art and art creation pipelines with optimization for performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple internal and external needs
- Solid Jira task writing with the flexibility to change directions quickly and add new requests to the queue
- Able to travel to meet external partners as well as attend conferences and summits
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience using 3ds Max or Maya to create game art
- Experience with other game engines, like Frostbite, Unity, etc.
- Experience with Perforce
- First-person game experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates visual quality with performance in-game asset creation
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of asset creation pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applicationsApply Now