Audio Designer (Remote Contract)
Obsidian is looking for a technically savvy, self-sufficient Sound Design Contractor to create and implement world-class audio assets as well as technically sophisticated and innovative audio systems in our next great RPG.
Over our nearly two decades in the industry, we've always put our players first in every decision we've made. Our titles require rich and detailed soundscapes that tell a story as well as empower and move the player. The Audio Designer will work closely with the audio and development teams to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage through to polished engine integration.
- Record, edit, design, and organize audio assets
- Iterate on designed assets and systems based on feedback
- Work closely with the project audio director and strike team leads to design systems and integrate audio content
- Investigate and provide solutions for emerging audio bugs and issues
- Create documentation and wiki tutorials related to system designs when necessary
- 2+ years of experience as an audio designer
- Full-cycle experience on at least one shipped AAA title
- Fluency in the use of Reaper or Nuendo DAWs
- Experience in planning, designing, and implementing Audio Systems in Wwise and Unreal Engine 4
- Practical knowledge of recording techniques
- Expert knowledge of integrating audio into Unreal Engine 4 using Audiokinetic Wwise middleware
- Comfortable troubleshooting and optimizing audio resources without frequent code support or intervention
- Post-production experience in other media such as television or film
- Well-developed skills in receiving and giving constructive feedback which elevates one another’s work
- Eagerness to learn new tools and to experiment with new audio techniques
- A web portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in sound design and audio implementation ingenuity as well as recording and design workflow
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now