Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced video editor who demonstrates creativity, works well in an agile and collaborative environment, and has a passion for video games.
The video editor will be a part of the Communications team and will contribute to establishing the visual identity of Obsidian’s games. They'll be responsible for working with internal and external teams to create high-quality videos including trailers, gameplay, and other videos needed for the Communications team.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Capture and edit gameplay B-roll, trailers, videos, and ratings board submissions
- Collaborate with publishing partners and internal teams to create high-quality video assets
- Work with PR. social media, and communications teams to produce relevant social assets for our games and press
- Experience with video game or motion picture trailer production
- Expert proficiency in Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and/or Avid editing systems, as well as relevant visual effects supporting software such as After Effects
- A love and understanding of video games and the gaming industry
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- In-engine rendering knowledge
- Experience in location video production: Interviewing on-camera subjects and documentary filming
- Experience in streaming production: Setting up cameras, OBS/X-Split, live audio
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now