Lead Area Designer
Obsidian is looking for a Lead Area/Level Designer with an obsession for creating incredible worlds to join us in developing our next great multi-platform RPG.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on managing a team of designers, collaborating with project leadership to solidify the vision of our gameplay areas, managing area creation tools and pipelines, and directly contributing towards the planning and implementation of content to craft fantastical worlds.
- Lead and manage a team of designers to create fun, compelling quest and area content
- Work with Region Directors and coordinate the work of your designers to create a cohesive open-world experience
- Setting and unifying layout and building standards for area content while also making sure the team follows quest and content/gameplay standards
- Make independent creative decisions that level-up ideas laid out by the game director and/or other department leads
- Design and implement quest and area content with minimal director oversight
- Foster a culture of collaboration between all the developers required to bring our area content to life
- 4+ years of professional game development experience as a designer (quest, content, level, area, etc.) with at least one shipped game
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with the Pillars of Eternity games
- Working knowledge of RPG conventions
- A solid design sense, good communication and organization skills, and the ability to work with team members in a collaborative, goal-oriented way
- Open-world game development experience
- Experience working with dedicated dialogue tools for game development
- Experience or skill in a similar discipline such as narrative design, systems design, environment art, etc.
- Familiarity with creating quest content with branching dialog
- Experience working with scripting languages
- Outsourcing and co-development experience working with external partners to create content
- A web portfolio that demonstrates one or more aspects of the position described above
- Should include videos, screenshots, and/or design documents
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now