Assistant World Builder
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Assistant World Builder who is eager to learn and help set the foundation for our next world-class RPG.
This position will work closely with the Art and Design directors, strike team leads, and other developers in a collaborative environment to create a fantastic, yet believable, world. The ideal candidate is someone who has a flair for assembling captivating environments focusing on visual storytelling using an established library of assets, enjoys teamwork, but can also take direction and work independently.
- Assist in set dressing and beautifying areas
- Assist in creating props and environment assets to populate the game
- Assist in the validation and optimization of assets
- Proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source, or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts complimenting the experience
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules and assist others in meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience modeling, unwrapping, and texturing 3D assets for Unreal Engine 4
- Proficiency in Substance Painter
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- A web portfolio that demonstrates world building
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now