Back to Careers
Obsidian is looking for a Systems Administrator to help manage and improve our on-premises and cloud enterprise infrastructure.
If you have a passion for working closely with talented game developers and love administering enterprise systems as much as you love video games (especially RPGs), this may be the perfect job for you!
The ideal candidate can work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Install, configure, support, and document new hardware, enterprise apps, and cloud apps
- Assist with automation of IT processes and deployments both on-premises and in the cloud
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the studio's network and servers, ensuring high availability, performance, and security
- Work closely with developers and other stakeholders to identify and resolve technical issues
- Respond to security alerts and educate employees on safe computing habits to minimize the risk of security breaches
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the studio's security posture on-premises and in Azure by leveraging Intune, Defender, and Sentinel
- Able to work with others, from less technical users to other IT team members as a group to resolve problems
- Hunger to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies
- Strong understanding and knowledge of computers, networking, and security systems, particularly in Windows, cloud, and Linux-based environments
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with automation scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
Past professional experience with:
- IT at another game company
- Perforce administration
- Security applications, scanning, MDM (Intune, etc.)
- Azure and Microsoft enterprise products
- Mixed Windows and Linux environments and mixed on-prem and cloud environments
- Bicep, Transform, and Azure Automation experience
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
- $102,900 - $147,300
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.Apply Now