UI Programmer (Staff/Senior)
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced User Interface Programmer to join our team and bring to life the vision of the user interface for our next world-class RPG.
This UI Programmer will partner with artists and designers to work within Unreal Engine and create systems and features upon which game UI will be built. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Build foundational UI systems and UI features in Unreal Engine with C++ and UMG/Slate
- Research and propose improvements to UI processes and pipelines
- Collaborate with gameplay engineers to connect functionality to the UI
- Optimize and maintain UI screens to run within established UI frame budget
- 3+ years of experience developing user interfaces for PC and consoles
- Proficiency in C/C++
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG/Slate
- Prior experience with profiling tools such as Unreal Insights or PIX
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
- $123,900 - $172,500 per year
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now