UI/Gameplay Programmer (Mid/Sr)
Obsidian is looking for an experienced Gameplay/UI Programmer to join a growing team of programmers working in Unreal Engine. This individual will work with our team of artists and designers to execute on the artistic vision of the user interface for our next world-class RPG.
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment. They will coordinate the UI team's efforts by communicating within and across departments, help evaluate candidates joining the team, and provide mentoring to current UI programmers.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Build foundational UI systems and UI features in Unreal Engine with C++ and UMG/Slate
- Comfortable working closely with designers on the implementation of gameplay and UI systems.
- Research and propose improvements to UI processes and pipelines
- Evaluate programmer candidates, outsourcing partners, and mentor programmers through one-on-ones and performance evaluations
- Optimize and maintain UI screens to run within established UI frame budget
- 3+ years experience developing user interfaces for PC and consoles
- Proficiency in C/C++
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG/Slate
- Leadership experience
- Prior experience with profiling tools such as Unreal Insights or PIX
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
- $120,000 - $170,000 per year
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now