Obsidian is looking for an experienced Animation Programmer familiar with developing games using the Unreal Engine to join us in making our next great multi-platform RPGs.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited about animation and has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment.
- Collaborate with animators and designers to realize their creative vision
- Develop, maintain, and extend new and existing animation systems such as movement, locomotion, combat, facial animations, cutscenes, cameras, etc.
- Research new tools and techniques to help drive improvements to animation
- Analyze and improve performance and memory usage for animation across all target platforms
- Prior animation programming experience on at least one shipped title
- A passion for animation technology and knowledge of current and upcoming animation techniques
- Proficiency in C/C++ and 3D math
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience developing miscellaneous tools and utilities in either C++, C#, or shell scripting languages
- Experience modifying existing systems as well as adding new systems to modern commercial game engines
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now