Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Analyst to join the development team making our next great multi-platform RPG.
The QA Lead will have extensive experience playing and analyzing games across a wide variety of genres and platforms, especially RPGs. They will adapt in an environment of continually changing priorities and create solid test plans for their team to execute. The QA Lead will work directly with the development team on the creation and execution of test plans and shepherding the workflow through Jira. They will also be responsible for the planning, coordination, and test deliveries of both internal and external QA resources. Ideal candidates will be adept communicators, have a keen eye for the details, and will be leaders who can naturally motivate others.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Manage the bug workflow from end to end, including setting bug-writing standards, triaging issues, and keeping the Jira database organized
- Collaborate with team leads and production to ensure testing needs are clearly identified and raise red flags when appropriate
- Work with project leadership and production to develop testing goals, review bugs, and ensure that milestone goals are reaching a high bar of quality and stability
- Collect data and provide subjective feedback to assist in the development of the game
- Train, manage, and motivate a team of up to ten internal QA members and coordinate testing with external QA resources
- Perform any of the tasks required of a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Previous experience testing games or other software
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to analyze complex game systems/mechanics, and the ability to communicate problems effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong foundational experience with Jira and willingness to master it
- Experience managing and coaching employees
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with any game development practices, workflow, and pipelines
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.Apply Now