Welcome to the Obsidian University Summer Internship Program!
Obsidian Entertainment is known around the world for the incredible stories we tell. We would love for you to join us in our latest adventure! For the first time Obsidian will be offering an official summer internship program. This summer you will go on a quest unlike anything you've experienced so far. We would love for you to become a part of the family that joined you on a post-apocalyptic trip through New Vegas, sailed with you chasing a god through the Deadfire Archipelago, and watched as you made your mark on Halcyon, a colony in way over their heads.
What should I expect from this opportunity?
- Get paired with a mentor (or mentors) at the studio who will show you the ropes of how we make games here.
- You will not be doing coffee runs. You will be creating content that has a good chance of making it into the title. You will be interacting with fans. You will be testing content and learning how to give good professional critiques and feedback. You will become part of the Obsidian culture for the duration of the program.
- Get portfolio and work reviews to help you with your future in the industry.
- Participate in organized lunches and socials with different developers at the studio and meet a wide variety of disciplines, personalities, and success stories.
- Access to Obsidian University classes taught by Obsidian developers and any guest speakers that we invite during your internship.
When is the deadline to apply?
You must apply by Wednesday, March 25th to be considered.
What are the dates for the program?
The program starts on June 15th 2020 and goes until August 28th of 2020. (Dates may be subject to minor changes.)
I am not local, do I have a chance?
Obsidian will consider all candidates. However, Obsidian will not provide housing so you must find a way to stay in or near Irvine California for the duration of the internship.
Is it okay if I can't make it for the entire internship?
Unfortunately, due to the short nature and packed schedule of the program, we are not accepting anyone who is planning to join late, leave early, or take a large leave during the internship.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes. Also, if there is any sort of program that your university offers for you to earn credit off of this, we're happy to work with you and your school to make that happen.
Will I get any cool free stuff?
Oh, you will get free stuff.
Open Internship Positions: 9
|2D Art/Concept - Summer Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Concept Art - Summer Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Environment Art - Summer Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Audio Design - Summer Intern||Audio | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Community Manager - Summer Intern||Communications | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Area Design - Summer Intern||Design | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Content Design - Summer Intern||Design | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Programming - Summer Intern||Programming | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|QA Analyst - Summer Intern||Quality Assurance | Irvine, CA | Internship|