Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Animator to join us in creating content for a high profile role-playing game.
Do you have experience animating and bringing to life both human and non-humanoid characters? Do you possess a deep understanding of the principles of Animation? Are you creative, work well within a fast-paced production environment, and enjoy working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to make amazing character animations? If so, our Animator role may be the perfect fit for you.
This position is open to all Animation experience levels.
- Create high-quality player character combat animations, human ambient animation, and creature animations
- Create and edit conversations and cinematic sequences
- Create lip sync and facial expression animations
- Set up camera animation and framing for gameplay and in-game cinematic sequences
- Help train programmers and artists from other disciplines on how to create and use toolsets with consideration for animation
- Debug in-engine animation issues
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Must be able to animate characters in 3D and manage scenes and assets efficiently
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to iterate quickly and often to improve quality and hit technical or design goals
- Ability to consistently produce large volumes of high-quality animation on a tight schedule
- An expert understanding of Animating in Maya
- A high level of technical animation knowledge
- Previously shipped titles on consoles or PC
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with motion capture, facial animation capture and performance capture
- Figure drawing experience, knowledge of human anatomy, and experience creating character rigs
- Experience working with cloth, physics, and VFX systems
- Experience creating character animations pipeline from the ground up
- An online animation reel demonstrating quality, in-game, 3D animation and examples of animated characters that appear to be alive
- A shot breakdown document detailing your work contribution
- 3D character animation examples demonstrating advanced knowledge of body mechanics
- 3D character facial animation examples
- Animation projects that demonstrate attention to acting, emotion, and storytelling
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications