Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated 2D Animator to join our growing team of RPG developers!
Do you have experience animating and bringing characters to life? Do you possess a deep understanding of the principles of animation? Are you creative, work well within a fast-paced production environment, and enjoy working with designers,artists, and programmers to make amazing character animations? If so, our Animator role may be the perfect fit for you.
- Create exaggerated limited 2D animation for stylized characters
- Create and edit characters in Unity and in the animation software Spine
- Debug animation issues in engine
- Work with other developers to create a pipeline that delivers quality animation into the game
- 2+ years industry experience
- High level of technical knowledge for animation pipelines and processes involved from conceptual phase to implementation
- Must be able to quickly rig and animate stylized 2D characters
- Familiar with painting and illustrating in Adobe Photoshop
- Self-motivated, organized, collaborative, and ability to work within a small team
- Has shipped one or more games on PC and console
- Familiarity with animation software such as Spine
- Strong foundation in traditional arts
- An online animation reel the demonstrates quality animation skills and in-game examples
- A shot breakdown document detailing your work contribution
- 2D and/or 3D character animation examples demonstrating knowledge of body mechanics
- Animation projects that demonstrates attention to acting, emotion, and storytelling
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now
Other Jobs in Animation
|Character Animator||Animation | Irvine, CA | Full-Time|