Art Outsourcing Manager - Animation
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced, proficient, communicative, and collaborative Art Outsourcing Manager to assist our growing team of RPG developers with asset creation being done by external partners.
This position requires a solid understanding of animation creation pipelines for games developed in Unreal Engine 4, for multiple platforms, in addition to other art content pipelines. This individual will share work with other outsourcing managers and communicate frequently with multiple lead developers and managers with regards to status, bottlenecks, and other concerns.
- Keep a library of Outsource vendor relationships, research materials related to content, co-create contracts, and negotiate pricing
- Manage the outsourcing communication chain, including collaboration with both internal and external art teams
- Maintain assets from outsourcing in source control, available to assist changes as responsibility of ownership
- Create detailed instruction workbooks, maximizing the documented re-use and optimization
- Provide clear and concise feedback, regarding technical and visual goals
- A solid understanding of modern game development challenges, with a detail-oriented eye for quality game ready animation
- Demonstrable knowledge of effective game art and animation creation pipelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple internal and external needs
- Solid task writing, with flexibility to change directions quickly, and add new requests to the queue
- Ability to meet external partners via travel and willingness to attend conferences and summits
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience using 3ds Max or Maya for in-game character animation
- Experience with facial animation technology, like FaceFX, Faceware, etc.
- Experience with other game engines, like Frostbite, Unity, etc.
- Experience with Perforce
- First-person game experience
- A web portfolio/demo reel that demonstrates in game asset and animation creation
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of asset creation pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now
Other Jobs in Animation
|2D Animator||Animation | Irvine, CA | Full-Time|