Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Lighting Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
The Lighting Artist position requires a solid understanding of current AAA-quality art, cinematography, lighting design, art pipelines, and how to work within current game console hardware limitations. This person understands the value of the production schedule and how to fit project goals within it.
This is a hands-on position. It will require an understanding of the current lighting tools and techniques used in Unreal Engine 4, as well as an ability to work with extended lighting features, like Enlighten.
- Collaborate with Environment Artists, Designers, and the Art Director to develop and execute plans for lighting game environments (exteriors and interiors), conversations and cut scenes
- Place static, skylights, and dynamic lights within the game environment
- Collaborate in the development of experimental lighting systems and solutions
- Help tune materials to fit within PBR guidelines
- Set up and manipulate post-process systems including color grading, exposure, tone-mapping
- Set up and manipulate atmospherics in the scene including volumetric lights, fog, DoF, and Bloom
- Work with the Art Director and Game Director, in order to attain the visual goals of the project
- Experience with lighting and baking in Unreal Engine 4, including managing day/night cycles
- 3+ years in the game industry, including two shipped titles, with credit on at least one as a Lighting Artist
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative, attractive, and performant lighting solutions
- A solid understanding of lighting of characters and scenes for cinematics
- Strong organizational skills in order to keep track of complex and vast lighting solutions
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of lighting examples from previous credited titles
- Real-time Shader Examples
- Advance Material and Rendering Samples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications.