Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented and self-motivated VFX Artist to join the team making our next world-class RPG.
The VFX Artist position requires experience with particle editing, texture creation and real-time materials. This person will need have both a creative mindset and a technical background. This VFX Artist will need be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Create all aspects of in game VFX including character, weapon, environment and destructive events
- Work closely with art leads to ensure the visual targets are met and stylistically consistent
- Communicate with Artists, Designers, and Programmers to work through artistic and technical endeavors
- Evaluate and initiate processes and features needed to improve and streamline production
- Work with real-time materials
- Experience with real-time particle editing in Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Fluent knowledge in a 3D content creation package (Maya, 3ds Max, etc.)
- Mastery of Photoshop or comparable program
- 3+ years of game industry experience in real-time FX and at least one shipped title with a credit as a VFX artist
- Knowledge of blueprint creation in Unreal Engine 4
- Shader creation experience
- Animation experience
- Environment art experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a proficiency in real time particle creation
- Any samples showing 3D modeling abilities
- Any pre-rendered VFX work
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications