Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a UI Artist to collaborate in the design and creation of the user experience for our next great RPG.
This artist will be responsible for developing a ground-breaking user-experience. Tasks will include inventing concepts, mocking up designs with animation, creating assets, importing them, as well as working with programmers to assemble and animate them in Unreal Engine’s UMG.
- Create user interfaces that manage complex information and flow intuitively on console as well as PC
- Create initial mock-ups for a variety of UI screens including but not limited to title and loading screens, in-game HUD, in-game menus and backgrounds
- Initiate and follow through UI implementation, iterating as necessary for the highest quality result
- Create UI assets for use in UMG, within Unreal Engine 4
- Maintain and optimize UI assets as necessary
- Collaborate effectively with UI team and project leads during review sessions in order to achieve intuitive functionality and an attractive visual appearance
- Meet project deadlines and milestones as set by Project Leads and the Producer
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a UI artist in computer or console gaming
- Able to effectively collaborate with the Art Director, UI Programmers and UI Designers to create the user-interface: HUD, windows, menus, icons and other interactive elements
- Able to mock-up layouts and contemporary animations and effects for UI elements in Flash and/or After Effects
- Proficient with UI development in Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience developing RPGs for console or PC
- A good technical aptitude and some knowledge of Unreal Engine Blueprints
- Previous experience with video editing or compositing
- Examples of web design (Flash, HTML, CSS, or XML)
- Familiarity with any of the following programs: Premiere, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Perforce, Confluence, and Jira
- An understanding of typography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality PC and console game UI screens and animation
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All resumes must be accompanied by website portfolio.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.