Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced, highly skilled, and organized Animation Director to join our growing team of talented RPG developers.
The ideal candidate possesses a solid grasp of all principles of animation and strong experience leading and coordinating with others in bringing to life both humanoid and non-humanoid characters. They have extensive experience with animation leadership on multiple AAA games.
- Define, document, and drive the vision for animation on a AAA next-gen RPG
- Manage a team of animators, spearheading project planning, and ensuring our artistic quality while staying on schedule
- Create prototype animations and other benchmark assets
- Act as main point of communication between the animators and all other teams
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with design and art leadership
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs
- Mentor, develop, and support the animation team with constructive feedback
- Drive improvements in processes and pipelines, including constructing an outsourcing pipeline for animation
- Provide animation direction to ensure the quality of work is in line with the Game Director's vision and set deadlines
- 5+ years of experience animating for games as a leader, with two shipped titles
- Exceptional skills in animating the humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures, using Maya
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they relate to animation
- Able to collaborate closely with others and inclusive decision-maker
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
- Experience creating character animation in games relying on a 1st person camera view
- Experience using 3ds Max, Motion Builder, or After Effects
- Experience with game engines, like Unreal Engine 4, CryEngine or Frostbite
- Experience developing Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing animated scenes for film or TV
- A web demo reel that demonstrates a variety of amazing in-game animations
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of animation style guides or initiatives
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All resumes must be accompanied by website portfolio.
Simply apply via e-mail: email@example.com
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications.