Senior Environment Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Environment Artist to collaborate with a growing team of developers.
The Senior Environment Artist will be responsible for expertly creating aesthetically pleasing environments for a cross-platform RPG. With technological and creative skills, this artist will model high and low-poly objects, bake textures, export/import assets, apply materials, assemble environments, mentor others, and generally be an exceptional game developer.
- Create a wide range of high-quality environment art assets including props as well as interiors and exteriors of structures
- Efficiently model, UV map, bake, and create the materials for environment assets and integrate into Unreal Engine 4
- Work closely with Art Director and Level Designers to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete work as expected under reasonable deadlines
- Transfer useful knowledge and mentor
- High proficiency with 3ds Max, Z-Brush and Substance Designer and Painter, with emphasis on highly realistic in-game results
- 5+ years in the game industry with 2 shipped titles
- Effective working knowledge of performant and attractive level building and asset creation for Unreal Engine 4
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- Strong knowledge of Architecture, Engineering fundamentals, materials, and lighting
- Solid grasp of color theory
- Strong concept development skills
- Particle effects and physics asset creation and set up
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality 3D rendered samples and 2D texture art
- Examples of lit interiors/exteriors
- A range of hard surface and organic models
- Samples from previous industry work
- Architectural rendering samples
- Environment art concept samples
- Complex material examples in Unreal Engine 4
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All resumes must be accompanied with a website portfolio.
Simply apply via e-mail: email@example.com
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.