Obsidian Entertainment seeks a passionate and skilled Concept Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
The Concept Artist will collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives to conceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements for an unannounced project.
- Work closely with the Art Director and other invested creatives to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Coordinate with a small group of artists to develop consistent and engaging ideas for other artists to build
- Create concepts of characters, environments, props, and events based on input from Art and Design leadership
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete quality work under established and agreed upon deadlines
- 4+ years of game development experience with at least 2 shipped projects
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills using Photoshop CS as a concept artist
- Working knowledge of design, architecture, human and animal anatomy, composition, perspective, color theory, and lighting
- Receptive to art direction and critiques from project leadership and team members
Experience with any 3D DCC tools like Maya, 3dsMax, Blender, SketchUp, etc. Storyboard experience Background in Architecture, Photography or Cinematography
- A web portfolio that demonstrates skill in environment, character, creature, vehicle, weapon, and prop concept development
- User Interface concepts
- Graphic icons
- Graphic design examples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All resumes must be accompanied with a website portfolio.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept emailed applications