Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Technical Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
This role requires a solid understanding of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for Character art and animation for next gen game development. This position involves working with creative directors, technical directors and artists.
- Character rig development and implementation, ownership of character weight skinning
- Create and maintain tools and pipelines, including research, design, development, improvements, and documentation
- Problem solve and troubleshoot character and animation issues
- Create and maintain cloth and rigid body physics in Unreal Engine
- High proficiency in major content creation packages including Maya and 3ds Max
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and extensive knowledge of in-game character and animation systems, blending trees, layering methods, sequencer, blueprints, retargeting, state machines, etc.
- Be knowledgeable in common scripting languages (Python , MAXScript, MEL script, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members
- Strong leadership, organizational and mentoring skills
- Facial rigging and full-body performance capture experience
- Have an understanding of the material editor in Unreal Engine
- Have a passion for RPGs with character customization
- 6+ years game development experience with at least three shipped titles
- 4 year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of quality rigs, tools and relevant work
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Other Jobs in Art
|Character Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Environment Art Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Lighting Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|UI Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|