Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented and self-motivated Character Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
The Character Artist position requires knowledge of current AAA-quality art creation, consistent character design, and effective character art pipelines. This person appreciates the value of the production schedule and how to fit project goals within it.
- Sculpt, model, UV, texture and create materials for AAA quality characters and creatures
- Work closely with art leads to ensure the visual targets are met and stylistically consistent
- Participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions for the entire project
- Build and maintain an effective character asset pipelines to produce content for an RPG
- Proficiency in Maya, Z-Brush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and Photoshop
- Strong high and low poly modeling skills
- Strong skills with texture and shader creation within a PBR pipeline
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy, clothing, tools as well as animal anatomy
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques for quality presentation as well as the best player experience
- 4+ years in the game industry including two shipped titles with a credit as a character artist
- Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of rig creation and skinning
- Character and prop conceptual design skills
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality, 3D art
- Examples of modeled, textured and lit characters
- Samples from previous industry work
- Hard surface modeling examples
- Real-time shader examples
- Advanced material and rendering samples
- Quality 2D or 3D conceptual examples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Other Jobs in Art
|Environment Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Lighting Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Technical Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|UI Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|