Concept Art - Summer Intern
Do you love role playing games? Are you looking to kick-start your career in the gaming industry? Come work side by side with our world-class developers, learn what it takes to create fantastic worlds and contribute to the next great Obsidian Entertainment title.
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a summer intern, Concept Artist, to participate in the Obsidian University Internship Program. The Concept Artist will collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives to conceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements.
- Work closely with the Art Director and other invested creatives to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Coordinate with a small group of artists to develop consistent and engaging ideas for other artists to build from
- Create concepts of characters, environments, props, and events based on input from Art and Design leadership
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete quality work under established and agreed upon deadlines
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrate skills using Photoshop CS for concept art
- Working knowledge of design, architecture, human and animal anatomy, composition, perspective, color theory, and lighting
- Receptive to art direction and critiques from project leadership and team members
- A web portfolio that demonstrates skill in environment, character, creature, vehicle, weapon, and prop concept development
- User Interface concepts
- Graphic icons
- Graphic design examples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now
Other Internship Positions in Art
|2D Art/Concept - Summer Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|
|Environment Art - Summer Intern||Art | Irvine, CA | Internship|