Associate Environment Artist
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Associate Environment Artist who thrives on learning to join the team making our next world-class RPG.
The Associate Environment Artist will work closely with the Art Lead, Strike Team Lead, and other artists in a collaborative environment to create a fantastical yet believable world. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong desire to learn and grow, has a flair for creating high-quality props and environment assets, and enjoys teamwork but can also take direction and work independently.
- Assist in creating props and environment assets to populate the game
- Model, unwrap, and texture 3D assets for Unreal Engine 4
- Assist in the validation and optimization of assets
- Assist in set dressing and beautifying areas
- Continual desire to learn and improve
- Proficient in Maya or 3ds Max
- Proficient in Substance Painter
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4
- Understanding of lighting principles
- Understanding of optimization principles
- Understanding of the principles of good composition
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of 3D props and environment assets
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Other Jobs in Art
|Art Outsourcing Manager||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Character Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Character Technical Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Environment Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Lighting Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Senior Environment Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Technical Artist - Materials||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|Technical Artist - World Performance||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|
|UI Artist||Art | Irvine, CA | Full Time|