Obsidian is looking for a creative and technical Sound Designer with the capability to design and implement assets, manage entire projects, and specialize in key audio systems.
Our titles require a unique audio landscape and that's where you come in. The Sound Designer will collaborate with a team of developers to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration.
- Plan, research, create, implement, mix, and master AAA quality sound effects
- Implement all types of sounds, music, and voice over using Wwise, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
- Design, propose, document, and/or prototype new audio features as required, driving forward all initiatives from concept through to completion in a transparent and timely manner
- Actively seek ways to improve audio tools and workflow pipelines
- Work closely with Audio Director and strike team leads to meet or exceed project goals
- Field record new assets and sound effects
- Edit and process VO and/or music
- Create and mix audio for cutscenes and marketing videos
- At least 3+ years of experience in game audio, including the full development cycle for at least one shipped AAA title
- Possesses expert sound design skills with the ability to design, record, create, implement, mix, and master high quality and deeply engaging interactive sounds for a wide variety of subject matters and styles at a quality bar above industry standards
- Drives assigned tasks from concept to completion in a proactive manner, requiring minimal guidance or course correction
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines
- Experience using Wwise across multiple full development cycles
- A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games and interactive storytelling
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.