Obsidian is looking for a creative and technical Audio Director with the capability to design and implement assets, lead the audio efforts for a new project, and specialize in key audio systems.
Our titles require a unique audio landscape and that's where you come in! The Audio Director will directly manage a team of Audio Designers to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration.
- Design immersive and cinematic sound effects to engage players, drive the narrative, and deliver compelling audio experiences
- Encourage a culture of respect, support, collaboration, comradery, and creativity throughout the audio team and beyond
- Manage a team of audio designers, providing them with guidance and feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation
- Collaborate with Studio Audio Director, Game Director, and other key stakeholders to define game audio quality bar and vision
- Work with game team leads and production to ensure audio staff is represented in all strike teams throughout development, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members
- At least 6+ years of experience in game audio, including the full development cycles of a shipped AAA title
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production
- Expert understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, scripting voice over, and localization techniques and best practices
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines
- Experience using Wwise across multiple full development cycles
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio related field
- Experience working on open world games with emergent audio features and systems
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle
- An online reel demonstrating quality in-game audio where you were credited as an audio designer
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.