Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Area Designer to join us in creating our next great multi-platform RPG.
This designer will work closely with artists to produce interesting 3D levels with exciting, engaging gameplay. Responsibilities will include planning and populating the game with compelling missions/quests, scripted sequences, encounters, challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate for this position needs to have an established track record designing fun and exciting levels.
- Communicate area design requirements with other team members
- Design 3D layouts and work with several departments to create a unique and fun experience
- Design compelling game content - quests, NPCs, items, and puzzles
- Author and maintain game design documentation
- Contribute to all aspects of game design
- The ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts that complement the experience
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills - communicating in person with various developers and authoring clear and concise documentation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to adhere to tight schedules and the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines
- Level/Area Design experience on a shipped AAA title
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with branching dialogue
- Experience working on games with role-playing elements
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Maya or XSI
- Programming or scripting experience
- A playable portfolio level built in a commercial 3D game engine
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now
Other Jobs in Design
|Combat Designer||Design | Irvine, CA | Full-Time|
|Narrative Designer||Design | Irvine, CA | Full-Time|