Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Area Designer to join us in creating our next great multi-platform RPG.
This designer will work closely with artists to produce interesting 3D levels with exciting, engaging gameplay. Responsibilities will include planning and populating the game with compelling missions/quests, scripted sequences, encounters, challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate for this position needs to have an established track record designing fun and exciting levels.
- Communicate area design requirements with other team members
- Design 3D layouts and work with several departments to create a unique and fun experience
- Design compelling game content - quests, NPCs, items, and puzzles
- Author and maintain game design documentation
- Contribute to all aspects of game design
- The ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts that complement the experience
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills - communicating in person with various developers and authoring clear and concise documentation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to adhere to tight schedules and the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines
- Level/Area Design experience on a shipped AAA title
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with branching dialogue
- Experience working on games with role-playing elements
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Maya or XSI
- Programming or scripting experience
- A playable portfolio level built in a commercial 3D game engine
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.