Intermediate/Senior System Designer
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Intermediate System Designer and a Senior System Designer to join our team of talented developers.
These roles work closely with artists, animators, audio, and gameplay programmers to develop the main RPG features and systems of the game. The ideal candidates are people who can collaboratively plan and create fun, engaging, and deep RPG systems and features.
- Collaborate with other system designers to improve existing game systems as well as define new systems and features
- Take ownership of the design of a feature or system and collaborate with other departments in implementing them
- Document and refine game system and feature designs
- Actively participate in creative and technical problem-solving discussions
- Play the game regularly to iterate on balance and progression
- Utilize team, player, and focus feedback to continually improve the game features and systems
- Create content that adheres to tight schedules and assist others in meeting deadlines
- Intermediate: 2 years prior experience in the game industry as a system designer with at least one shipped title
- Senior: 5 years prior experience in the game industry as a system designer with at least one shipped title
- Relevant experience in working directly within a game engine to implement, test, and iterate
- Strong understanding of RPG game systems and balance
- Proficient in balancing game systems for difficultly, progression, and fun
- Ability to communicate a vision, present ideas, listen to the ideas of others, and accept critical feedback objectively
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience and proficiency with Excel
- Programming or scripting experience
- Experience working on games with role-playing elements
- Highly analytical with exceptional attention to detail
- Love of computer and console role-playing and action games
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Simply apply via e-mail: email@example.com.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.