Area Design - Summer Intern
Do you love role playing games? Are you looking to kick-start your career in the gaming industry? Come work side by side with our world-class developers, learn what it takes to create fantastic worlds and contribute to the next great Obsidian Entertainment title.
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a summer intern to participate in the Obsidian University Internship Program. The Area Design Intern will work closely with environment artists, quest designers, and game system designers to design and implement area layouts. You'll work closely with a small team to add content to some of our ever growing IPs.
Help create and iterate on level layouts in Unreal Engine 4
Implement gameplay for combat encounters, NPC conversations, quest scripting, and other game mechanics into prototype levels
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate design goals and concepts across disciplines
- Familiarity with the role-playing games genre, especially recent AAA role-playing game products
- Background in programming and/or scripting languages
- Background in environment art - modeling, texturing, and/or lighting
- Experience writing branching narratives
- A web portfolio that demonstrates one or more aspects of the internship position described above
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now
Other Internship Positions in Design
|Content Design - Summer Intern||Design | Irvine, CA | Internship|