Quality Assurance Analyst
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst to join the development team making our next great multi-platform RPG.
Ideally, you have extensive experience playing games across a wide variety of genres and platforms, including RPGs. You will be inventive in an environment of continually changing priorities and will demonstrate a strong desire to learn about and improve the games you work on.
Responsibilities will include doing your best to break game systems and content, writing up clear and concise bug reports that include detailed reproduction steps, and accurately following established QA test plans and practices.
- Test game features and content for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and absence of issues
- Develop and execute test plans and update documentation to track testing and development progress
- Quickly bring serious bugs to the attention of the QA Lead and development team
- Log clear and detailed bug reports, regress issues, and help maintain a bug database in Jira
- Collaborate with other Analysts and members of the development team to identify, reproduce, and resolve issues
- Critically evaluate the gameplay and technical requirements based on test plans and game performance
- Collect data, attend strike team meetings, and provide subjective feedback to assist in the design and development of the game
- Conduct other test duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to analyze complex game systems/mechanics, and the ability to communicate problems effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with RPG genre titles
- Only local applicants in Southern California will be considered at this time
- Lover of games, specifically RPGs
- Previous experience testing games or other software
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with any game development practices like 3D or 2D art creation, level or narrative design, programming and scripting languages/scripting
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.Apply Now